![]() |
| http://dailysop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/strawberry-turtle.jpg |
2. The fitness components that were addressed in squad fitness squares were: muscular endurance, cardio vascular endurance. These components are located in the Elementary level of the Conceptual Framework: Mastery of fundamental motor/movement skills.
3. If a students is afraid of catching a ball I would choose activities that keep the ball in a small area. For example, the "water fall" activity would be excellent because it involved a partner and it has the students toss the beanbag or other object to each other very gently and in a small space. It would be helpful to use objects that are not as intimidating, such as: scarves, bean bags, balloons and Koosh balls.
4. I would choose to pair off students by height (possibly), but most importantly, skill level. There is some positive benefits to having a students help another student progress at throwing/catching but for children this young it would be best if they were partnered with someone of their own skill level so that they are able to develop at a more similar rate.
5. In order to help a special needs child learn to catch I would employ the help of objects that stay in the air longer than a normal playground ball or bean bag. Also, I would choose objects for manipulation that are larger in size. I would use things such as balloons, scarves or yarn balls to make easier for the child to understand the basic components of catching before we moved on to more difficult objects.

No comments:
Post a Comment