| http://www.d-project.jp/museum/free_illust/schoollife/images/original/nawatobi.gif |
1. A child in a wheelchair can enter the front door because the student would be able to follow the rope around (the rope goes down past your nose). They would be unable to enter a jump rope from the back door though. It would be easier if the child entered the jump rope from and angle. I would make the jump rope longer so that there was more space to move. Also, it would be important to have the rope spinning at an appropriate speed.
2. For this lesson, goal setting could be included by having the children see how many time they can do some of the activities with a time limit on them. An example of this would be "double rope over body while sitting", you could see how many times they could get it over their head in 15 seconds and then try it again to see if they can beat it.
| http://tailsnscales.net/images/692_baby_snake_cartoon.jpg |
4. Critical Elements for two-foot Jumping Rope: 1) start with rope behind heels 2) big swing over the head 3) jump before the rope hits toes 4) jumps on the balls of the feet -shock absorbers-
5. If I was to organize a rope jumping club for my elementary school I would first like to ask the children if they would be interested in doing more fun things with the jump ropes. If the children seem to be excited about the idea I would contact the principal and ask permission to send a letter home to the parents asking about interest. Parental cooperation and support would be crucial. If the support and interest is there I would send a letter home to parents for them to sign their child up for the after school club.
| http://sport.maths.org/content/sites/sport.maths.org/files/iStock_sports-balls.jpg |
No comments:
Post a Comment